Friday 13 March 2015

Battle Between Crest and Colgate

Want to have a whiter smile? This week, me and my bestie did the official test of toothpaste!

Bestie & Myself, Showing Off Our Pearly Whites!

Top: Product 1 Bottom: Product 2

Product 1: Colgate Whitening Toothpaste


Product 2:  Crest 3D White Toothpaste





Whether we have a date coming up or grad pictures, we all want whiter teeth (thats a fact). As women we take pride in our smile, as it is one of the key components to success. I was so sick and tired of trying different toothpaste out to see which would whiten my smile most effectively, so that’s why I decided to test two options out, with the help of my bestie.

The Process: Submerging Eggs In Coffee & Brushing


The Process: 
I took two eggs, boiled them each for three minutes.
Then, I made a pot of coffee, one of our many weaknesses.
I let the eggs soak in the coffee for 45 minutes.
I took the eggs out and started to brush each one with the different pastes and brushes both for 30 seconds each.








The Results:

Colgate Egg After Brushing Coffee Stains

Crest Egg After Brushing Coffee Stains


The results were obvious, I was amazed at how well Crest 3D worked after the 30 seconds of brushing.  As the Crest egg reveals, a whiter outcome than the Colgate toothpaste in the same time period of brushing. There were specs of what i'd like to call "fighting power" in the Crest paste that I feel contributed to the success of the brushing. The Colgate egg did remove the coffee stains, however at a much slower rate than the Crest brand.

I rate Crest 5 shopping bags out of 5 and Colgate 3 shopping bags out of 5. If you want that perfect white smile to feel confident at that first impression, i'd suggest you switch to Crest and start brushing immediately!






Until next post,

-BriBri

7 comments:

  1. WHAT A WICKED IDEA.
    Good to know that being a Crest girl is paying off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely amazing! I did the crest white-strips for a while but I felt a lot of pain in my teeth. I was in agony from simply breathing. Do you know if there are any side effects from the 3d toothpaste? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm completely biased to Crest, for no reason of course, and I'm glad that you found a way for me to justify it. Awesome idea for a test too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting, I've always used Colgate, guess it's time to switch! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always used Colgate, but finally found my new favorite toothpaste- I love the Colgate optic white. It's made such a difference in a short period of time. Can't live without it!
    http://www.colgateopticwhite.com/whitening-toothpaste

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a good idea, I've used this toothpaste before as well and no complaints on my end!

    ReplyDelete