Friday 20 February 2015

To Switch Or Not To Switch?

This weeks product is in relation to a task that every person on this earth is faced with when living on their own, or if you had good parents, when you lived at home too.

Product: Finish All in 1 Powerball 

Price: $13.97 + Tax



Promotion: 

Finish has quite a large in-store advertisement claiming to be the leading dishwashing detergent. They are promoting the Finish brand itself, not necessarily a specific product due to the fact that the "Powerball" is not displayed anywhere on this large in store ad.


Promise: 

Finish is encouraging people to switch to the Finish brand when running their dishwashers to use a variety of their products. The newest product being the Finish Powerball. They are promising that within 10 washes or more you will be able to see the difference between Finish and a similar competing brand.



To view more about this product, visit the Finish website : Finish Powerball Product

Test Results:

I tested Finish in my dishwasher for the 10 washes as it states it needs, and compared to a competitor brand "pac" as their claim states on the above advertisement. It is a bit crazy to me that it takes 10 or more washes to prove its ability to clean better. If a produt is substantially better, in any persons train of thought it would be able to prove itself within the fist few times at least if not the first.



After the 10 washes, I compared both a plate, wine glass, and a baking sheet to test the real quality and to see if it is just as effective on all types of items that would normally be loaded into my dishwasher.

There was no giant change in how clean the dishes were coming out of the dishwasher. Yes, they were clean. Its a pain when you have to put something in the dishwasher for a second cycle, but hey, its also a giant pain when you have to wash the dishes by hand.

For the fact that the Powerball did clean my dishes, I didn't have to wash them by hand, and it actually kept the surfaces in the dishwasher clean, i'm rating the Finish Powerball 3 shopping bags out of 5.


Until next post,

-BriBri

3 comments:

  1. I'm a huge fan of washing dishes by hand. Gives me some time to think and I love making sure my dishes are as clean as can be. I use my dishwasher on special occasions such as birthdays, Christmas and New Year's, when the number of dishes is ridiculous. I'll be sure to try out the Finish Power Ball next time I use it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a good idea for a blog, Bri! Our dishwasher has had problems with washing, and I've been looking for a better detergent for a while! So this is a big help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought this, my mates use the liquid stuff I find the power balls cleans better than its liquid self at least. I'd rather just hand wash all my dishes.

    ReplyDelete